Visit two large retailers (e.g., Target and Walmart) near you. (Please note: If you are in a location that does not have large retailers nearby, choose two competing retailers with whom you are familiar. If you have any concerns, please contact your professor for approval of your choices.)
Walk around the stores and make note of the components of the marketing mix (the 4 Pâ€™s) and what types of marketing and buying behaviors you observe. Prepare a 5-minute video or a PowerPoint presentation with photos (at least 6 slides) comparing and contrasting the marketing mixes of the two retailers. You want to convey to the viewer the look and feel of the different retail experiences. Concentrate on â€œwho, what, when, where, and how.â€
Keys to the Assignment
- Your presentation should be professionally prepared, as if you were making a presentation to your boss.
- PowerPoint presentations may include voice-overs or other audio.
- Explain your analysis using terminology and concepts introduced in this module.
- Include a title page and reference sheet with your assignment submission.
- Cite all sources and provide a reference list using APA format.
- Presentations should be edited and error-free.