Views on Terrorist Attack in Mumbai, India
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
The November, 2008 Mumbai terrorist attacks were highly coordinated and sophisticated, and they were executed with the assistance of technology that was easily available to the public.
Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 400â€“600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas:
- Could the Indian government have done anything to prevent the Mumbai attacks? Explain.
- Is there anything any government (including the United States) could do to prevent the use of readily available technology to conduct such attacks? Why or why not?
- What countermeasures to terrorists’ use of handheld devices and the Internet, if any, could be taken by the government? Explain.
- Do you feel it would be difficult to attempt to regulate the use of personal devices? Why or why not?
Task Two- 600 to 800 words
Those responsible for the Mumbai terrorist attacks of November, 2008 used readily available technologies. The terrorists in this case were committed to carrying out a horrific plan and found the simplest, most effective method was through equipment found in any mall.
- Using the Web resources, library, or textbook, research the events that comprised the attacks in Mumbai, India.
- In light of the available capabilities in modern technologies, such as cell phones, handheld devices, and the Internet, was the Mumbai event considered an unexpected event? Why or why not?
- Be sure to use your research to support your arguments.
- What are 2â€“3 other historical accounts of technologies or inventions used for terrorist acts?
- Summarize each of the selected events, and explain why they were significant uses of technology.
- Be sure to reference all sources using APA format.