need this quickly. thx
Write a two- to- three- page paper (excluding title and reference pages) that identifies a problem faced by your community. Discuss how a model of community change could be implemented to improve the problem.
- Describe six features of your community (e.g., cultural make up – african american, size – metropolitan area, and locality – south east).
- Define the problem (drugs usage / sale, excessive incarceration for small crimes or insufficient educational programs) and explain why the problem is detrimental to the community.
- Select a model of community change identified in the textbook and explain how it could be implemented to improve the problem. :Locality Development Model The locality development model (also called commu-nity development ) asserts that community changecan best be brought about through broad participa-tion of a wide spectrum of people at the local com-munity level. The model seeks to involve a broadcross section of people (including the disadvantagedand the power structure) in identifying and solvingtheir problems. Some themes emphasized in thismodel are democratic procedures, a consensusapproach, voluntary cooperation, development of indigenous leadership, and self-help.The roles of the community practitioner in thisapproach include enabler, catalyst, coordinator,and teacher of problem-solving skills and ethicalvalues. The approach assumes that conflicts thatarise between various interest groups can be crea-tively and constructively handled. It encourages peo-ple to express their differences but assumes peoplewill put aside their self-interests to further the inter-ests of their community. The basic theme of thisapproach is “ Together we can figure out what todo and then do it. Copyright | CENGAGE Learning | Empowerment Series: Understanding Human Behavior and the Social Environment | Edition 10
- At least three aspects of the problem you think that the model will be most successful at solving and provide reasoning as to why.
- At least three aspects of the problem you think that the model will struggle to solve and provide reasoning as to why.
The bulk of your paper should focus on the third component above (the model of community change). Your paper must include a minimum of two scholarly sources and be formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
The bulk of your paper should focus on the third component above (the model of community change). Your paper must include a minimum of two scholarly sources and be formatted according to APA