Directions: Create the product below for your selection. PLEASE WRITE A POEM ABOUT THE STORY TUESDAYS WITH MORRIE BY Mitch Albom OR HAMLET! EITHER OR JUST CHOOSE ONE
All products must be typed, Times New Roman, 12 point font, left justified, with the heading upper right hand corner.
Create a ShrinkLit poem on a major work – must be submitted to turnitin.com by 11:59 p.m. on the due date.
– (6) stanzas with (4) lines per stanza = 24 lines total
o First Stanza â€“ Exposition
o Next, Four Stanzas â€“ Rising Action, Climax, Falling Action o Last Stanza â€“ Denouement/Resolution
- – Have 8-12 syllables per line. Keep the meter consistent throughout.
- – Pick and maintain one rhyme scheme throughout the poem. You have three choices:
o abab o aabb o abcb
- – Assonance and consonance are a plus.
- – Precise word choice, sensory imagery, and compression of ideas are characteristics of poetic expression. Avoid the formal structure of sentences. Use inverted syntax, inverted language, and concise diction. Use vocabulary from the story. Fragments are permissible.
- – Figurative language is suggested (alliteration, personification, simile, metaphor, onomatopoeia, hyperbole, etc.)
- – Single space the lines within a stanza
- – Double space between stanzas.