When considering a research topic, consider an interesting topic that is worth further research. For instance, having a strong opinion on a specific topic may deter you from thinking more critically, and therefore the research might end up being one-sided. It is a good idea to pick a topic in which you can provide a good argument for both sides of the societal issue.
Write: For this discussion, address the following prompts:
Identify a global societal issue from the following list that you would consider researching further for your Week 5 Final Paper:
- Aging population
- Critical Thinking Skills for the 21st Century
- Gender Inequality
- Global Climate Change
- Global Water Shortage
- Marginalization and Minorities
- Refugee Crises
- Childrenâ€™s Rights
- Social Media Censorship
- Describe effective methods you used in identifying and narrowing down to just one of the topics to further research for your Final Paper.
- Explain three ways you can critically analyze sources to determine if they are scholarly.
- Summarize information from at least two scholarly journal articles from the Ashford University Library that will support your claims for your chosen topic.
- Explain why scholarly sources should be used to support your writing on the selected topic.
- Download and attach a PDF copy of one of the peer-reviewed scholarly articles that you found from the Ashford University Library to your answer using the â€œAttachâ€ function located below your response.
Your initial post should be at least 250 words in length, which should include a thorough response to each prompt. You are required to provide in-text citations of applicable required reading materials and/or any other outside sources you use to support your claims. Provide full reference entries of all sources cited at the end of your response