There are very different views of what types of evidence are most credible in evaluating the effectiveness of psychological treatment research. In this discussion you will analyze basic applied psychological research as well as evaluate how researchers applied a research process in the development of specific components. To begin, read the following articles (which can be accessed through the ProQuest database in the Ashford University Library):
- â€œEvidence-Based Practice in Psychology: Implications for Research and Research Trainingâ€
- â€œPractice-Based Evidence: Back to the Futureâ€
- â€œPsychological Treatments: Putting Evidence into Practice and Practice into Evidenceâ€
After reading the articles listed above, select two of them. Analyze the basic applied research within each of your two selected articles by answering the following questions:
- What is the main point-of-view in each article?
- What are the primary assumptions each author makes?
- Which author are you inclined to agree with? Support your choice with scholarly reasoning and cite your evidence.
You are required to include one peer-reviewed source that was published within the last five years to support your perspective. You may not use any of the sources that were assigned for this course. For assistance finding articles view the â€œSearching for Articlesâ€ and the â€œPeer-Reviewed Articlesâ€ tutorials which are available under Tutorials on the Getting Research Help tab at the top of the Ashford University Library homepage.