Click on the photo to watch the following video from NBC Learn: (Reply asap to provide you with login information in order to be able to see the video)
Title: Fish Oil Linked to Brain Health
Date: Feb 27, 2012
Address the questions that follow based on your viewing of this media report regarding psychological research. Type your responses within the text box for this assignment. As you do so, identify the item number to which you are responding (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, or 8) and respond to each item. You do not need to include the question asked for each item below in your response. However, fully respond – do not just say “Yes,” “No” or “None” for instance.
Submit the assignment by 11:54 PM on the date due.
Analyzing Research Methods in Media Reports of Psychological Research
- What was the research study about â€“ what did the researchers conclude?
- Do you believe the reporter has written a credible summary of this research study? Why/why not?.
- What research method did the researchers use?
- Who was the population?
- Who was in the sample?
- What materials were used to collect data?
- List at least two questions you have about this research study or the results.
- What is another method researchers could use to determine whether or not fish oil is associated with better brain functioning? State your hypothesis for this possible way of examining the association between fish oil and brain functioning, the population you would study, anything about the sample of participants that would be important in your estimation based on course reading, and describe the materials you might use if you conducted this hypothetical study.