understanding maritime law
- Legal Information Instituteâ€™s website on U.S.C. code – Carriage of Goods by Sea
- ITLOS webpage on the International Tribunal for the Law of the Sea
- the case J. Gerber & Co. v. S.S. Sabine Howaldt on pages 165-166
- Force Majeure – Clauses in Leases by the American Bar Association
Answer the following questions:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
1) The J. Gerber case was about damage of steel being shipped from what country to the United States? Why does the Court of Appeals find that the ship owner is not responsible for the damage to the steel?
2) Which section of Chapter 28 of the US Code deals with â€˜Rights and Immunities of Carrier and Shipâ€™? In your words, what is the definition of â€˜carrierâ€™ under Chapter 28 of the United States Code? (quoted definitions will earn 0 points)
3) The President of the International Tribunal for the Law of the Sea is from what country? In your words, explain the function of Tribunal for the Law of the Sea.
4) In American jurisprudence Force Majeure includes not just acts of God but what else?
Support your answers using proper APA citation.