- Neal Postman calls American television a â€œmediumâ€ that creates a â€œsocial and intellectual environmentâ€ that â€œattacksâ€ â€œliterate cultureâ€ because it â€œrequires minimal skills to comprehend it, and is largely aimed at emotional gratificationâ€ (84, 86).What do you think?
- Postman claims that by presenting â€œall subject matterâ€ as â€œentertaining,â€ American television â€œhas made entertainment itself the natural format for the representation of all experienceâ€ (87).What do you think?
- Please make a list of popular concerns often expressed about technologies like the internet, comic books and video games and identify points of overlap and distinction.
- Can you come up with an example of how television has served as a rule-breaking tool for you?
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- What do you think about Hirsch & Newcomb’s â€™s claim that television serves as a “cultural forum”? How does â€œBetty, Girl Engineerâ€ raise questions that encourage civic discussion? How does it close them down?
- How will different viewers walk away from â€œBetty, Girl Engineerâ€ with different interpretations?
- Has the explosion of channels and platforms, along with the ability to time shift content altered televisionâ€™s possible role as a cultural forum?