Open a doc to email to me and title: Design Project
Be sure that your name is on the document that I open
1. List the following:
title of play
the central conflict
overall â€œtoneâ€ and mood of the play
selected â€œstyleâ€ for the play (think how you would describe this)
2. Add a picture of your costume rendering to the document. Give your written connections,
explanations, symbolic connections, etc. regarding the character and the costume. Remember to
use costume elements and character traits, relationship, etc.
3. Add a picture of your set rendering to the document. Give your written connections,
explanations, symbolic connections, etc. regarding the set, the characters, the mood, the style,
theme connections, etc.
4. If doing sound, give links to each sound chosen. (If you are using 10 seconds of a song, for
example, give the time-set in the song â€” for example: 00.50 – 00.60) Explain why, in what way
each sound is important to your chosen specific moment in the play. Remember to make
connections. Remember elements to sound design and think of the characters, action and mood.
5. If doing lighting, explain the lighting moments in the play and carefully and meaningfully
describe the lighting. Remember to make connections. Remember the elements for lighting
design, and think of mood, theme, symbolism, characters, action, emotional thrust, etc.
6. If doing prop/sound/light: Paste the picture of the prop chosen. Explain which character is
using it, why this prop is important to the character, and when/why it is important to use. Make
connections. See 4 and 5 above for your one important moment of combined lighting and sound.
Review Design Project Guidelines
Review â€œExamples of Design Connectionsâ€
Review â€œTheater Design Elementsâ€
Be sure that details illuminate the connections and symbolism
that you have determined.
Have fun with design ideas! Play with ideas!