Mr. Y is a new teacher in his first 90 days of employment in his district. He has made friends with many staff members and invited them to visit his social network page. On his website, Mr. Y has listed quite a bit of personal information. One of his colleagues visited the site and became very concerned because the site included a statement that Mr. Y was attracted to young girls, stating â€œthe younger the better.â€
The colleague notified the principal of this information.
Consider the following questions and provide your responses in a 2 â€“ 3 page APA formatted paper.
- What possible issues/concerns might this scenario raise?
- In this situation, what are some potential negative consequences for the teacher, for the students and the school community?
- Which of the â€œSix Pillars of Characterâ€ do you believe Mr. Y has violated on his social media page?
- What responses/actions will result in a more positive outcome and/or what proactive measures might be considered?
The â€œSocial Mediaâ€ assignment
- Must be 2 to 3 double-spaced pages in length (not including title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Studentâ€™s name
- Course name and number
- Instructorâ€™s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least 1 scholarly source. You can use the Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources chart (Links to an external site.) to help you determine a proper scholarly source.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.). Here is a tutorial for in-text citations (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate reference slide that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. Use the APA References List page (Links to an external site.) to help you with this task. Here is a link to the APA Reference List template (Links to an external site.) located on that page.
- For help setting up your paper in APA style, please use the APA paper template (Links to an external site.) provided by the Ashford Writing Center.
- To assist you in completing the library research required for this assignment, view this Quick â€˜nâ€™ Dirty tutorial (Links to an external site.), which introduces the Ashford Library, the research process, and provides some library search tips. (Ashford University Library. (n.d). Quick â€˜nâ€™ Dirty [Video file]. Retrieved from http://library.ashford.edu/ (Links to an external site.))
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.