Topic: Write a 3 page paper that examines and analyzes Cmeil’s argument that the 1960s marked a change in legal and social understandings of “civility.” In your opinion, does Anne Moody’s account of her own experiences support or disagree with Cmiel’s argument?
short write instructions
- The short writing assignments (SWAs) require you to respond to and analyze the readings you will complete for class. The content of each SWA is different (the specific instructions are outlined in the assignment itself), but I want you to adhere to the following requirements for all of the SWAs you turn in.
- The assignments must be Word files. Your assignment must be written in Times New Roman, size 12 font, double-spaced and with 1″ margins.
- You do not need to include a Works Cited page, but you must cite all material that is not your own work, including quotations and anything that is paraphrased. To cite, you simply need to put the author’s name and page number in parentheses at the end of sentence in which you quote/paraphrase. Example: Hamlet once asked, “To be, or not to be” (Shakespeare, 35).
Grades will be based on the following criteria:
- Is the paper properly formatted, grammatically correct, and does it have an introduction, topical body paragraphs, and a conclusion?
- Does the author use textual evidence (especially quotes) to support arguments and claims?
- Does the author fully respond to all parts of the SWA question?