On the basis of your understanding of Remote Monitoring (RMON), In a Microsoft Word document, configure a RMON and create a 3- to 4-page report addressing the following:
Assume the following scenario for configuration:
- The company you are designing for has the Internet with three subnetworks.
- Two of the sub-networks are located in the same building while the other sub-network is at a remote site.
- A dedicated management station with RMON management capability is attached to the central LAN.
- One of the sub-networks, the RMON Management Information Base (MIB), is implemented in a PC, which may be dedicated to remote monitoring or, if the traffic on the sub-network is light, may perform other duties, such as local network management or a server function.
- The Fiber Distributed Data Interface (FDDI) backbone is the second management station with RMON management capability, concerned with management of the networks at that site.
- The RMON MIB functions for the token ring LAN are performed by the router that connects that LAN to the rest of the Internet.
Discuss the types of monitoring and alarms necessary in your configuration. Describe where each one is housed and how it is implemented. Define any conditions for the alarm as necessary and describe the type of monitoring that is being implemented in each instance.
Support your responses with examples.
Cite any sources in APA format.