Please complete the following questions. It is important that you show all work you did to solve the problems when you submit your work. This includes any calculations, diagrams, or graphs that helped you solve it.
- OPEN ENDED Write the equation of a parabola with a vertex of (2, -1) and which opens downward.
- OPEN ENDED List three points you might test to find the solution of (x + 3)(x – 5) < 0. Explain why you chose these points.
- OPEN ENDED Write a system of equations with one linear equation and one quadratic equation for which (2, 6) is a solution.
- Writing in Math Use the information on page 306 to explain how the graph of y = x2 can be used to graph any quadratic function. Include a description of the effects produced by changing a, h, and k in the equation y = a(x – h)2 + k, and a comparison of the graph of y = x2 and the graph of y = a(x – h)2 + k using values of your own choosing for a, h, and k.
- Writing in Math Use the information on page 314 to explain how you can find the time a trampolinist spends above a certain height. Include a quadratic inequality that describes the time the performer spends more than 10 feet above the ground, and two approaches to solving this quadratic inequality.