Because good writing is always a process, our persuasive essay will be written in two parts: a first draft due this week and a revision due in week 6. Your paper should be approximately 3-4 pages in length.
As you prepare, here are a few reminders for this week’s draft:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- In week 3 you posted a thesis for peer review. Consider the feedback you received, refine your thesis, and use it the basis for your persuasive paper.
- Use your sources to support your thesis. Research and prepare the passages you will consider using. Remember to review methods of paraphrasing, summarizing, and using direct quotations. You should cite at least five sources in the body of your essay, and at least three of those sources should come from the Rasmussen College Online Library.
- Prepare the body paragraphs by deciding where to place supporting information. Remember, each paragraph of the paper should act to build the momentum of the argument.
- Apply pathos, logos, and ethos whenever possible.
- Finally, remember that it’s okay if your ideas, opinions, or sources change during process of writing this paper. Writing makes us think, and it’s fine – even beneficial – to have our thoughts change as we express them on paper.
Thesis: Gun control laws infringe upon the right to self-defense and deny people a sense of safety.