Multi National Corporations (MNCs) can be distinguished on the ways in which they exercise control with business units located in different countries around the world.
Throughout the International Human Resource Management, there exists a number of ideas around organisational control systems including:
- structural vs. cultural,
- centralised vs. decentralised,
- ethnocentric vs. polycentric, etc.
Using only secondary data (publicly available) – e.g website, news reports, company annual reports, and alike – identify two MNCs which are different with regards to their control systems.
Analyse each of their control systems and assess the impact each of their control systems has on the MNCs workplace values. Finally, take a position on which MNC’s control system most appeals to you and why.
1) 1500 word limit (10% allowance)
2) At least 20 academic references with APA format (previously I wrote 10 but i was mistaken, it’s actually 20! :O)
3) Structure of the report: An Introduction, Body (consisting of analysis and discussion) and a Conclusion and finally the Reference list.
For analysis and discussion part, please talk about which organisational control systems each of the companies adopts and what their effects are. Then, analyse each of their control systems and assess the impact each of their control systems has on the MNCs workplace values.
For conclusion, please take a position on which MNC’s control system most appeals to you and why.
Previously you used Coca Cola and McDonalds. Please use different ones. Anything but Coca Cola and McDonalds! 🙂
Thank you again Mercy!