As a software developer, you are required to develop programs that can be readily accessed by a wide range of clients.
Discuss ways in which you can design your software and applications for 2 of the following:
- Blind or visually impaired clients
- Clients with limited or poor hand coordination
- Learning programs for children recovering from trauma
- Clients who are colour blind
- Clients who are hearing impaired
Compare and discuss your answer with at least 1 other classmate.
We have been looking at concepts of Green ICT this week.
Discuss 3 ways in which you (or your organisation), can use ICT to reduce your carbon footprint, and contribute to Green ICT.
Compare your response to at least 1 other classmate.
Which of the following are projects, and which are processes? Explain your answer
- Building a computer, on a production line of identical computers
- Building a house, as one of a series of identical houses all over Australia
- Upgrading a computer from Windows 7 to Windows 10
- Upgrading all 120 computers from Windows 7 to Windows 10
Compare them with those of at least 2 other classmates.
Remember marks are awarded on your work as follows:
- 0 marks if there has been no reading of seminar and module overview as applicable in the week.
- 1 mark if reading of the seminar/module overview as applicable, has happened
- 2 marks if seminar/module reading has occurred and there is some quality work but it is not of sufficient quantity and/or timeliness
- 3 marks if above conditions are met and it has appropriate references to support the argument and discussion
- 4 marks if all the requirements in 1,2 &3 above are present and the work demonstrates a high quality of engagement and thought.