1. Please, use nursing articles that are less than 5 years old. Give full references, including online website where.
2. Needs to be 3-5 pages
I work at a hospital where we take care of many patients that are bed bound due to medical complex related issues. Many times, because those patients are bed bound, they are placed on a rotation schedule to be turned every two hours to help with adequate blood flow, healthy skin, and pressure ulcers prevention. My PICOT question to help reduce pressure ulcers is: Does repositioning of bed bound patients every two hours decrease the risk of pressure ulcer verses repositioning every 5 hours. There are times, bed bound patients develop pressure ulcers from bony prominent areas due to lack of blood flows because they are not being repositioned every two hours.Assignment 1 – Using EBP to Formulate a Clinical Question
This Assignment is helpful in developing the groundwork for understanding and integrating evidence-based practice in healthcare throughout the rest of the course. In this Assignment you will have the chance to see how the research you look for can be applied in the work you do in your practice.
You will select a topic relevant to your practice area, post the topic to Discussion Board 2 for feedback, research the topic, and write a scholarly paper.
From the chapter readings and discussion, formulate a 3–5 page scholarly paper in APA format, providing an overview of the terms and function of EPB. An introduction, discussion and conclusion is expected in the overview on this topic
- Formulate the question.
- Using the Cochrane database, research the question using the PICOT model and key words.
- Post your topic and a short summary of results for feedback from your instructor and peers by Day 5.
- Write a 3–5 page paper, reviewing evidence-based practice, as it relates to your practice question and integrate feedback from the instructor and/or peers.
- Include a minimum of three evidence-based references.
To view the Grading Rubric for this Assignment, please visit the Grading Rubrics section of the Course Home.
Before finalizing your work, you should:
- be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (as displayed above)
- consult the Grading Rubric (under the Course Home) to make sure you have included everything necessary;
- utilize spelling and grammar check to minimize errors; and
Your writing Assignment should:
- follow the conventions of Standard American English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
- be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful;
- display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics; and;
- use APA 6th edition format
How to Submit:
Submit your Assignment to the unit Dropbox before midnight on the last day of the unit.
When you are ready to submit your Assignment, click the Dropbox tab and select this unit’s basket from the dropdown menu, then attach your file. Make sure to save a copy of your work and be sure to confirm that your file uploaded correctly.
For help uploading your file, review the Student Guide to the Dropbox.