Assignment 3: Export / Import Research Paper, Part 1
Due Week 6 and worth 200 points
This two-part research paper, with Part 2 due in Week 10, will analyze the cultural perspectives of doing business in another country. The focus of the paper is to explore the economic and business resources of the selected country to decide if it presents a viable and productive import / export opportunity for your organization.
Because the following countries are currently newsworthy, it is tempting to get wrapped up in political and social issues rather than the business focus of this assignment. Countries to avoid for this assignment include: Afghanistan, China, India, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Libya, Pakistan, Palestine, North Korea, Venezuela, and Yemen. Select a different country from the one you selected in Assignment 1
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
- Determine the major elements and dimensions of the business culture in the selected country.
- Determine how these elements and dimensions are integrated by local residents conducting business in the country.
- Compare both the major elements and dimensions with U.S. culture and business.
- Determine the challenges for U.S. businesses that wish to conduct business in that country.
- Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Plan for the required human resources to support international trade operations.
- Analyze the trade assistance typically provided by government, universities, and business organizations.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in exporting and importing.
- Write clearly and concisely about exporting and importing using proper writing mechanics.