this is a brief assignment structured to familiarize students with thesis development and outlining strategies, while allowing a brief writing on one of a number of topics.
1. Select one of the following topics;
2. identify an audience and provide a very brief description of that audience;
3. next, draft an outline to include a thesis statement, a statement identifying your writing purpose, as well as an identification and description of your intended audience;
4. In addition to the thesis statement, also include a topic sentence for the other two paragraphs; and
5. write the three paragraphs articulating your perspective on the selected topic.
The topics are:
- using writing as a tool of expression;
- your strengths as a writer;
- your greatest writing challenge;
- the economic outlook for 2019;
- the importance of writing well;
- the differences between informative and persuasive writing; or
- â€œwhy write?â€