- Go to http://www.lonestar.edu/
- Click “Libraries” on the red bar near the top
- Click “LSC-Tomball” in the big blue box
- Click “Research Databases” in the gray square to the left
- Click “Current Issues & News”
- Click “Articles”
- Click “Opposing Viewpoints”
- Enter your library barcode, which is the number on the back of your student ID (MY ID IS: 23136003296949)
- Explore the topics listed here to find two (opposing) articles related to your topic from Discussion Board 1
- Briefly summarize the debate and the articles and explain your own opinion about the topic. Which side do you agree with? Why? Make sure that you make a clear thesis statement regarding your opinion: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/588/01/
- Use a long/block quote from at least one of the sources. Long quote formatting (scroll down): https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/747/03/.
- Include the MLA citations for each of the sources. You will find them at the bottom of the articles.
Hi I previously did my first discussion Board 1 on Racism, so I need it to be related to that. So when you explore the topics you will click SOCIETY AND CULTURE< RACISM< THEN CHOOSE 2 OPPOSING ARTICLES. I do not agree with racism at ALL so please make sure that is going to be the side I agree with. 500 words is perfect. Also don’t forget to put in a quote.
This should be the link to the Racism section. Please let me know which articles you choose before starting. Thanks