define the notion of preconceived biases and beliefs and how they may or do impact a persons perception and judgment
Henry David Thoreau, a famous American author, wrote, â€œIt is never too late to give up your prejudices.â€ In some way, shape, and form, all individuals hold preconceived beliefs about others. With the workplace evolving and diversity becoming a fact of life, many of us have had the chance to work with individuals who we might not have previously interacted with outside the workplace environment. This week, please do the following:
- Define the notion of preconceived biases and beliefs and how they may/do impact a personâ€™s perception and judgment.
- Explain a preconceived notion.
- Explain what preconceived beliefs you held about this group and how interacting with this individual altered your beliefs.
- Assess your initial interaction with this individual and the strengths and weaknesses of your interaction. What would you do differently in the future to make the other person feel welcomed or to decrease discomfort within yourself?
Your initial posting should be well-researched, be at least 300 words in length, and must be submitted by Thursday, midnight, of this week. Your initial post must meet APA guidelines and include at least ONE scholarly reference from course materials. The two reply posts to your fellow students must be similarly substantive in a manner that address two of the following bullets:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Answer a question (in detail) posted by another student or the instructor.
- Provide extensive additional information on the topic.
- Explain, define, or analyze the topic in detail.
- Share an applicable personal experience.
- Provide an outside source (for example, a website) that applies to the topic, along with additional information about the topic or the source (please cite properly in APA format).
- Make an argument concerning the topic.