1-“Software Services versus Software Components” Please respond to the following:
- Provide an example of a software component and another example of a software service. Explain what these examples have in common and how they differ.
- Consider a legacy system and explain how services could be used to implement wrappers to provide access to the system functionality and data for applications built with modern technologies.
2-“When to User Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA)” Please respond to the following:
- Describe two types of software applications where you would not recommend the use of service-oriented architecture. Provide a real-world example or scenario.
- Describe two types of software applications where you would recommend the use of service-oriented architecture. Provide a real-world example or scenario.
“To Be or Not to Be a Software Engineer” Please respond to the following:
- List four distinct tasks that a software engineer must perform in a typical software development project. Then, determine whether or not you believe the best programmers make the best software engineers. Provide a rationale for your answer.
- Present an argument as to whether you believe the intangibility of software systems poses a special problem for software project management. Support your response with two examples.
“Risks in Software Projects” Please respond to the following:
- Identify some of the risks in the context of people, organizations, tools, requirements, and estimations that could arise in software projects. Describe ways to mitigate each risk.
- From the e-Activity, use a real-world scenario to describe a contingency plan for addressing at least one type of risk that has come to fruition from an ethical lapse
– Assignment 3: Component Interface for an Emergency Control Room
As the lead software engineer for a medium-sized hospital, you have been asked to spearhead an effort to improve the tracking of Voice Over IP (VOIP) calls made within the hospital system. You have also been asked to begin planning out an emergency vehicle discovery program that will improve the response times of medical personnel to remote emergency locations by pinpointing the closest vehicle to the emergency using GPS.
Write a three to five (3-5) page paper in which you:
- Design the Requires and the Provides interfaces of at least two (2) components that might be used in a system in an emergency control room for a call-logging component that records calls made.
- Design the interfaces of at least two (2) components that might be used in a system in an emergency control room for a vehicle discovery component that, given a post code (zip code) and an incident type, finds the nearest suitable vehicle to be dispatched to the incident.
- Include both the Requires interface and the Provides interface in your design.
- Develop a visual rendering depicting your design through the use of Microsoft Visio or its open source alternative, Dia. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
- Include charts or diagrams created in Visio or an equivalent such as Dia. The completed diagrams / charts must be imported into the Word document before the paper is submitted.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Explain the importance of software reuse.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in software engineering.
- Write clearly and concisely about software engineering using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.